Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2009

My daughter's recipe book

I've been working on this on and off during the year.

I bought an A5 ring binder and A5 plastic pockets. It is supposed to be a recipe book that grows. The A5 pockets seemed a good size for the handwritten recipes and clippings from magazines that she might collect.
I've printed a number of favorite recipes for her. There's a mix of her favorites, basic recipes and family recipes - from her aunts, grandparents and great grandparents. I've scrapped some with actual photos and original handwriting, some are from the Internet that I then downloaded and scrapped, some were just scanned newspapers articles and magazines. I've left out the ones that were just copied from elsewhere!
The cover is created using Wordle - I just pasted the text from a few of the recipes.
The dividers are from digital kraft papers by Katie Pertiet at Designer Digitals. The food decorations are mostly Microsoft wordArt, except the one with cakes is my DD's art. I've laminated the dividers so the tags stick out.
There is a big mix of products so I'm not going to list them all. But email me if you have a question!
Now to keep her off my computer until Christmas..!!!


3 comments:

  1. This is totally fabulous! What a treasure, what neat details everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! A real treasure and beautifully done, Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Esther, do you realise just how brilliant this is? Of course you do! LOL What a treasure. Love the cover especially, clever chicky. A clever getting the pictures to pop on and off like that on your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...